Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Chilighetti

2 T. butter
¾ C. chopped onion
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 #2 can tomatoes
1 large can (4 c.) mild chili
1 8 oz. pkg. spaghetti
3 C. shredded Cheddar cheese
1 C. sour cream
½ C. grated Parmesan cheese
½ lb. sliced fresh mushrooms, sautéed

Brown ground been and onion in butter.  Drain and add tomatoes and chili.  Simmer covered for 45 minutes.  Cook spaghetti in salted water and drain.  Remove meat mixture from heat and stir in cheese.  Fold in sour cream and mushrooms.  Combine with spaghetti and put in a large casserole.  Top with Parmesan cheese.  Bake covered at 350°.

NOTE: This recipe came from my Tooele Ward cookbook.  When I brown the hamburger, I do not use butter or margarine because I think the meat has plenty of grease.  Also, when I make it I use a large skillet instead of the oven.  I also use canned mushrooms and don't always use the Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment