Thursday, May 10, 2012

Renae's Baked Beans

Cut up 1 pkg. bacon and cook in a large skillet.  Then add 1 med. onion, diced.  Cook the bacon and onion together until the bacon is crisp.  Drain the grease.  Stir in 2-3 cans pork & beans (depends on how much you want to serve).  Add about ½ c. chili sauce or ketchup & chili powder (I use ketchup & chili powder because that’s what I have on hand and I think the chili powder gives it better flavor.)  Then add 1½-2 t. mustard (a little at a time to taste because too much mustard is just too much mustard; you can also use dry mustard).  Last, add about ½ c. brown sugar.

Simmer, stirring occasionally, so flavors will blend together.  You can always add more of anything until it tastes the way you want it to.  (You can also add about 3 T. molasses, but I don’t because I don’t care for the flavor.  It’s whatever you like.)

NOTE:  All of these measurements are approximates, everything is according to taste, I don’t measure anything, but it always works.

No comments:

Post a Comment